Scallop season has started in France yeah! I Love scallops and this is a very simple & impressive starter
Scallops, Linguine, Fish Cream
Ingredients serves 6
- 120g good quality shop bought linguine
- 400ml water
- 150ml double Cream (crème entire)
- 1tsp fumet de poisson (powdered fish stock available at all French supermarkets)
- 20g chopped chives
- 6 prepared scallops
- Splash oil
- In a large pan Whisk the fumet de poisson in cold water to dissolve and bring to the boil.
- Add the linguini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the linguini, retaining the liquid.
- Refresh the linguine in cold water and place on some kitchen roll and pat dry.
- Add the cream to the water and simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid thickens slightly.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot.
- Add the splash of oil and cook the scallops on one side until caramelised.
- Add the linguine back to the cream.
- Turn the scallops over and cook the other side.
- Place equal amounts of linguine in scallop shells or on small plates.
- Top with a scallops and sprinkle with chives
- Squeeze over some lemon if you wish